Meet the Candidate
A lifelong resident of Ulster County, Marisa McClinton actively serves her community by delivering clothing to the homeless, cooking meals for the hungry, and fighting for social justice both within and outside of her county. She is a single mother of two accomplished daughters and two eccentric felines. She loves to cook and has a healthy appreciation for classic rock music.
“I am running for Ulster County Legislator because I want to bring equality to democracy. I want to see working families thrive in their efforts, and I want to ensure that social justice is no longer passed over. I am a proven advocate for the community at large, and if elected I promise to fight for your well-being. “
- Elected Division Steward with NYSPEF for Division 276.
- Ulster County Notary Public
- Community activist and advocate for housing reform in connection with Citizens Action.
- Founder of Esthers’ Closet, a clothing donation service that delivers much-needed seasonal clothing to the homeless and low-income households.
- Founder of Unity through Delivery, the umbrella with which I include all of my community outreach; Including food distribution, food delivery services, and resource matching services.